The student news site of East Mecklenburg High School

The Eagle

The Eagle

The Eagle

The Eagle Archives

Culinary sells cinnamon rolls through February

Even from the third floor of the 5000 building the soft, sweet aroma manages to penetrate the air. Follow it to its source and you’ll find three chefs standing next to a quaint cinnamon roll stand.

The Culinary department will be selling cinnamon rolls every Monday, Wednesday and Friday after school on the first floor of the 5000 building until the end of February. One roll costs three dollars and comes with a fork and container. Payments are only being taken in cash.

Coreas and Margeson managing sales in the 5000 building. Purchases are to be made with cash only. (Photo by Anthony Frederick)

The project is being managed by seniors and Culinary 3 students Antonio Coreas and Ryan Margeson to help raise money for the upcoming Pro Start culinary competition. “The culinary competition is in March,” said Coreas. “We’re doing a fundraiser so we can have a better competition than we did last year.”

The rolls are topped with a creme cheese frosting, brown sugar sauce and caramel sauce with a brown sugar filling. For those who can’t buy just one, Culinary has a deal where you can get 4 rolls for just ten dollars.