The Traditional Homecoming Game Takes Place

Story by Reagan Bell, Staff Writer

East Meck is preparing for the Homecoming this Friday by having Spirit Week to get students excited for the upcoming game against Rocky River.

Starting on Monday, the first spirit week theme is Jersey Day,  then on Tuesday it’s Hollywood Day.  On Wednesday it’s Iconic Duo Day in which students interact the most. There are no classes on Thursday due to the Yom Kippur holiday.  Friday, the day of the game, the theme will be Blue and Gold Spirit wear to represent the East Meck colors. 

During halftime of the game the Homecoming Queen ceremony will begin. The nominees will be announced while walking down a red carpet laid on the field.  Before the ceremony ends the Homecoming Queen will be announced.  

This year’s nominees are Lailah Allen, Zoee Andrews, Jala Brown, Emma Carroll, Cymone Cooke-Gray, Livia Hess, Lela Holt, Natalie Pound, Iyee Rennie, Summer Rutherford and Ainsley Summer.

The Homecoming tailgate is on Friday at 5:30 p.m. behind the trailers by the practice field. Admission is free to all students.

This year East Meck is not allowed to have the usual pep rally due to public health matters.  The Homecoming dance scheduled for October has also been cancelled, which was a big disappointment to many students.